Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Need For Good Quality Tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Jam Central Station
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don MacArthur

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: The Need For Good Quality Tracks Reply with quote

This may be obvious but I've noticed that if the backing track does not groove well enough then no matter what I play it will sound lame. I have the super supreme upgraded version of Band In A Box by PG Music and still cannot get it to generate hip enough backing tracks. Also, I do not have unlimited funds to purchase pre-generated tracks. Time is also an issue. I need to be playing guitar, not building backing tracks. The JCS tracks save me a lot of time and money. Maybe one day Mark will give a lesson on how he builds the JCS midi files.

Don
Dean

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon I should be able to share some backing tracks.Right now mine are mosly blues.As long as it is cool,we could probably all share some tracks.I have a good bit of stuff,so if it works out, I will post them as soon as posiable.Good back ground tracks are a plus.
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: The Need For Good Quality Tracks Reply with quote

Don MacArthur wrote:
Maybe one day Mark will give a lesson on how he builds the JCS midi files.

Don,

Actually, there's a blow-by-blow dissertation on the subject at:

http://www.visionmusic.com/behindjcs.html

What's kind of funny is the fact that we all take what we do as a result of our time-invested experiences for granted. As you'll see from reading the story at that page, there's MUCH more involved than what some would guess. The origin of JCS dates back to my Atari 1040ST days (mid-eighties). Hope you enjoy learning more about the "method behind the jam madness." Laughing All for now...

- Mark
Don MacArthur

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

The process of creating a real life sounding track sounds easier said than done. Something I certainly do not have the time for or desire to become an expert at. I think I'll stick with what is provided on JCS and augment through use of BIAB.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Jam Central Station All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: