Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Great Day Reply with quote

My neighbors cousin ,was at his house ,and he said she played guitar.So I showed her my collection.A little later I went over to hanging out and have a few drinks.We started talking about guitars ,and I went and got my nylon and steel string guitars to play out side.She was fantastic,singing and playing rhythm.I improved lead over her playing.We played for about 5 hours or so.Everyone was digging it and having fun.It was a lot of fun.
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate to that. Some of my most memorable musical experiences have been the informal gatherings where everyone participates, either with instruments or singing. It doesn't get any better than that.
Dean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of my most musical moments...she has a cd out,I did not think to ask about it.She is from Hawaii and I hear her brother just rips.Her voice and rhythm was tight.It is one of the first times I felt musical with the guitar.I rode the wave for all it was worth,I did some stuff that surprised me.haha
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the great thing about playing with people who are "better" than we are; they bring out the best in us.
corky4strings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i was always told . if you hang with better player you learn more and become better.

let your fingers do the walking i do
Dean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Corky,I think that is true in almost anything.
Dean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to Hawaii in Nov. for a wedding....10 days ,I am taking my guitar.I will be doing some jamming and just playing of the beach.I started my guitar classes yesterday, and I have one student for beginner guitar.I am getting to where I have to have my guitar around at all times.That's a good sign,right.Mark ,I have been working on some of your mini lessons.They are a lot of fun.Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: