Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glad to see this great new place

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBassman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Glad to see this great new place Reply with quote

Hi - I thought I'd introduce myself.

I took Mark's outstanding bass correspondence course several years ago. That's my connection to Vision Music.

I have been playing for several years, but I'm unfortunately still at early stages in my journey. Still, along the way, I gig frequently in a cover band, and I have the time of my life with it.

Mark - hi. Long time no speak. I'm glad to see this forum.

Best regards,
Frank
New York
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frank,

Glad to have ya here man. We need all the Bassmen we can get, without ya, our pants will fall down! Laughing my buns off!

Please, voice yourself a lot dude! I'm always lookin for tips!

Peace!

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Glad to see this great new place Reply with quote

SBassman wrote:
Hi - I thought I'd introduce myself.

I took Mark's outstanding bass correspondence course several years ago. That's my connection to Vision Music.

I have been playing for several years, but I'm unfortunately still at early stages in my journey. Still, along the way, I gig frequently in a cover band, and I have the time of my life with it.

Mark - hi. Long time no speak. I'm glad to see this forum.

Frank,

Thanks for dropping by and for the kind words. Yes it has been a while. Maybe you can help me convince every guitar player that if he/she is really serious about music they should take up the most important instrument, regardless of genre. Heaven knows, after almost 40 years of doubling on bass I've spent enough time preaching about it! Laughing

- Mark
4gcole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that motion. Most of my pro music experience is on the bass (although I consider my first instrument to be guitar). I learned to play the bass on the bandstand. It helped my guitar playing, hearing and understanding. It helped alot with being able to play walking bass lines and comp chords at the same time (along with Mark's courses).

By far the bass is the most powerful instrument in the rhythm section!!!
SBassman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4gcole wrote:
By far the bass is the most powerful instrument in the rhythm section!!!

It really is.

I play a little guitar, I'm at an advanced level on drums, and I guess an intermediate level on bass. There's no doubt in my mind that the bass is The Instrument. Smile
woland99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Glad to see this great new place Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Maybe you can help me convince every guitar player that if he/she is really serious about music they should take up the most important instrument, regardless of genre.

Point taken. After reading this I hooked my cheapo Yamaha bass
to direct box and mixer and walked the blues few times with BIAB.
Can't say I know exactly what I am doing but seems that as long I
start on root and use arpeggio with some passing tones to dovetail
into next chord and some rhythmic variation it sounds acceptable.
I can already see benefit of learning how to connect chords.

JT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: