Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fender Jazz and Precision Basses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nylenny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Fender Jazz and Precision Basses Reply with quote

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on Jazz versus Precision basses. I have a '62 reissue Jazz Bass, which works well for me. I have little experience with Precision basses, so I was wondering how they differ. My impression is that they have a slightly wider neck and only one pickup (so less versatile). What styles are P basses good for? Are they versatile as well? I find my J bass will work in almost any setting.
corky4strings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a j/p bass and i love it. theres a jazz pick-up at the bridge and a precision pick-up at the neck. i had a 3 way switch installed so i can either play just the jazz, or the precision pick-ups, or blend the together. both pick-ups together you have a great full sound.

let your fingers do the walking i do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> The Bass Space All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: