Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hipshot de-tuners

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nylenny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Hipshot de-tuners Reply with quote

Has anyone used a Hipshot de-tuner on their e-string? I am curious how reliable they are, whether they stay in tune (at both notes), and how low they will go (for example, can you flip the e-string down to a low b?).
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny,

Do you mean the B-string bender?
nylenny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. I think a b-bender is to raise the pitch of a string to get a pedal steel sound.

The hipshot de-tuner lowers the e string on a bass, facilitating lower notes. Here is a descritption of one from Planet Bass:

If you're looking to add some extra versatility to your bass, look no further than the Hipshot D-Tuner.

Simply flip the thumb lever on the Hipshot Bass D-tuner (a.k.a. Detuner, Bass X-tender), and you'll instantly extend your range. When installed in the place of the 'E' String tuning key, the Hipshot bass X-tender can be tuned to E, and with the flip of the lever the E will become D, C or in many cases low B.

The Hipshot 20600 D-tuner can be installed in a an existing 9/16" GB7 tuner hole, with no additional modifications. Installation is quick AND easy.
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, why did I even think you were talking about the B-bender in the bass section.

So no, I have not used the de-tuner.
nylenny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I'm interested is that I play 4-string bass, but sometimes I would like to play a lower note, and I don't want to invest in a 5 string bass right now (I'm always fighting a bad case of guitar acquisition syndrome).
corky4strings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

len i had one. if the strings were new and haven't been streched good it would be out just a little but out but the more the strings were played it was in tune everytime.

let your fingers do the walking i do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> The Bass Space All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: