Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hello,
Nice website. My name is Tony and I am a new member. I am from Milwaukie Oregon not far from the couch. I took lesson with Mark for a short stint but had problems with my left hand so I gave up the guitar for a couple of years. I am taking lessons from an instructor in Gresham, learning how to noodle over chords charts using Modes, Scales and arpeggios. But I plan to get with Vision music here just as soon as I can get a lesson in the mail. I do believe that learning the modes isn't a waste of time and will be useful when it comes time to transpose music.
I own three guitars. 1957 reissue american strat, Martin D-28 and a Kula Rose built by Steve Grimes. My interests in music is Blues, Swing Blues
especially, Jazz chord melodies and Jazz. Those are my priorities but I like rock and other stuff just as well.

Nice to hook up with all you guys and look forward to chatthing with you.

Thanks Tony[img]
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find some accomplished players here who will be glad to share their knowledge and experience to anyone who shows genuine interest. You may have inadvertently started something by bringing up the subject of modes Smile

I've done a lot of hiking out your way. Oregon would be my second choice of places to live.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,
Thank you. I have the burn really bad, right now all I can think about is getting better. I don't mean to start anything over the subject of modes and I can't tell you how many times I have been told not to waste my time with them. But for now that's all I got. The teacher I am learning from comes from a modal background and it is reflecting in his style of playing. However; when asked he is able to phrase things very nicely.

It seems like there are different schools on the subject and I have heard them all. Bottom line is, presently I can't Solo very well so until I get there I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.
Dean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Tony, this is a great site.I still have a hard time figuring out what JT is saying,but he does make it fun.Nothing but guitar love in here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: