Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member from Barcelona ( Spain )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masanfe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: New member from Barcelona ( Spain ) Reply with quote

I think this forum is a great idea. Again Mark has done it. Not only a jam web but also a forum where we can learn about new things. By the way I found out about Mark in the Just Jazz guitar magazine, another milestone in jazz music.

Being retired allows me to practice jazz guitar, a hobby that I had for all my life. Also, after many years of buying and selling I have what I believe a good selection of guitars: Heritage golden eagle, PRS , Ibanez AM200, Ovation Legend and Alhambra nylon electroaccoustic.
Also as complement an old Polytone, Yamaha DG80 and Fender Accustic. Note that no Gibson is included after selling a Barney Kessel, Howard Roberts and Herb Ellis models..

I look forward to share information with other members
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel,

That' s a nice collection of guitars you have there. How popular is jazz in an area famous for flamenco?
masanfe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamenco has now two trends. One the classical flamenco . The other is flamenco jazz played by many very good flamenco players. Paco de Lucia started and now people like Vicente Amigo and others

Jazz guitar in Spain is another type of guitarist, totally diferent technique as you know, so a different group of musicians also very much spread now. Some people habve been studying at Berklee in the US.

Information today has become global , so jazz guitar is global as well. Probably the overall level in the US is higher due to long tradition...Raney, Montgomery... Today younger players have made a lot of progress in technique. One of the good spanish jazz guitarist is Ximo Tebar. You can see in the web.

Regards
woland99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: New member from Barcelona ( Spain ) Reply with quote

masanfe wrote:
Also as complement an old Polytone, Yamaha DG80 and Fender Accustic.

DG80 is quite nice and versatile amp. I had it for a while - built
like a tank and not extremely useful for jazz (gets dirty too quickly)
even on Clean1 and Clean2 channels but very useful for everything
else. I used it for jamming with folks for a while and always got nice
comments about the sound. Then I sold it when I got on a tube kicks
and I regret it. Tubes are great when they work but tube amps that I
had would go back to shop every other month and eventually Ihad
enough.
It is a shame that Yamaha did not followup with that technology -
create a form and perhaps online lessons like Line6 did with their POD.
Their Magic Stomp seems to be the last in the chain.

JT
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: New member from Barcelona ( Spain ) Reply with quote

masanfe wrote:
I think this forum is a great idea. Again Mark has done it. Not only a jam web but also a forum where we can learn about new things. By the way I found out about Mark in the Just Jazz guitar magazine, another milestone in jazz music.

Manuel,

I appreciate the kind words. Very happy to see you here. In all fairness and as I've explained to my students and inner circle of friends, this forum would not have materialized without the help of Mr. Gorecki.

I can't thank Brian enough for his expertise and willingness to get this interactive addition to Vision Music off the ground. Inspiration is a two-way street! Wink

- Mark
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How true, but if it wasn't for you, none of us would be here, thanks brother! Thumbs Up!

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
masanfe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Internet made it global Reply with quote

Very interesting, I see you are located in Portland and Gorecki in Woodbine MD.
I suppose Internet made it easier ?

Good for you both
masanfe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To woland 99:

I use DG80 for the facility that integrates effects without additional hardware and the quality is very good. I do not think has tubes. I believe is a digital amplifier that emulates tubes. I do not play it too loud and is very clean at this level.
However cannot emulate polytone sound or similar jazz amps

regards
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Internet made it global Reply with quote

masanfe wrote:
Very interesting, I see you are located in Portland and Gorecki in Woodbine MD.
I suppose Internet made it easier ?

Good for you both

I know this was directed at Mark but you bring up a point that made me chuckle. Mark and I have developed a grand friendship and inspire and feed off from each other. So in all honestly, if we lived next door to each other, neither of us would probably ever get anything done!! Mr. Green

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: