Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Minor Moods"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: "Minor Moods" Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to comment on this recent LBM pre-release. What an outstanding collection of Bensonism's!

Mark does an outstanding job and breaking the Rubato intro of the piece down to the smallest details possible, including suggested fingerings and delivered as if he's right there coaching!

Also it's produced in a clear, clean and easy to listen to manner. And knowing he's not even done with it, wow!

How many times have *we* been with a coach we wish we could pause!

When you guys get the chance to get your hands on this one, do so! I'm certainly the final will be awesome because this one is REALLY good!

Great stuff Mark!

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Brad Kinder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this going to be part of the Swing Blues LBM? I'm guessing these are some minor ii-V ideas in the Benson style. Your post sparked my interest since I'm now working on a Duke Pearson, minor blues tune called "Minor League".
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Kinder wrote:
Is this going to be part of the Swing Blues LBM? I'm guessing these are some minor ii-V ideas in the Benson style. Your post sparked my interest since I'm now working on a Duke Pearson, minor blues tune called "Minor League".

Brad,

Swing Blues has been such a popular wing of the program that I'm now in midst of authoring a 4th unadvertised course sequel to the original series of 24 lessons. Each sequel contains an additional 24 lessons. This is for players who have been with me for many years and have threatened to follow their coach to his grave! Laughing

The lessons merge elements of swing/bebop jazz with blues, as there is no sequel course to the R&B wing. In the case of Minor Moods, it's a two-part lesson based upon a rubato intro and B minor vamp solo largely influenced by what I've learned from GB and others over the years, played against the Masquerade groove track from the JCS page. To hear it, click here.

Btw, this solo will also be released (non-lesson format) with others like it in an upcoming eBook series. All for now...

- Mark
Brad Kinder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, the clip sounds great as usual!

I had no idea that LBM continued on after the first 24. It's great to know I can keep'em going. I've only gotten through the first 5 lessons so it'll be a while before I need to be concerning myself with that.
Thank you sir!
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad,

It only gets better with every course. I'm on my fifth one now and as you can see, Mark is still cranking them out. If you're willing to put in the practice time you will make tremendous progress.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry_DC wrote:
Brad,

It only gets better with every course. I'm on my fifth one now and as you can see, Mark is still cranking them out. If you're willing to put in the practice time you will make tremendous progress.

You got that right! The dude has been pumping out Grade A material like the world is going to end! Seriously, I'm constantly blown away at how much he gets done and how good it is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if people at his house yell “INCOMING!!!” when he’s heading off to record! Laughing my buns off!

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Lessons by Mail All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: