Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help us refine the forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Help us refine the forum! Reply with quote

Hello All!

As we get things in to motion at the forums, you suggestions and ideas are infinitely valued.

What we setup here is the beginning. Everything grows, everything matures. Your input is certainly part of this process.

What do we need?

What can we do without?

Can I get fries with that? Laughing my buns off!

Peace!

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
woland99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about adding some ability to post files?
I mostly have MIDI or BIAB files in mind.

JT
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woland99 wrote:
How about adding some ability to post files?
I mostly have MIDI or BIAB files in mind.

JT

Hey JT,

You just pointed out probably the most common issue with forums in general. The ability to post files requires a place to put them and the ability to put them there. This last part poke's a huge security hole in the system!

But what I have done before elsewhere is to have an area where only forum members can get to, but I have to post them for you. Confused

We just basically need to get Mark's Okey Dokey and I can do that here as well? Wink

HEY MARK!!! Mr. Green

Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
We just basically need to get Mark's Okey Dokey and I can do that here as well? HEY MARK!!!

Brian,

No problem by me. Obviously the easiest way is to have the files streamed and linked from a user's website, eh? But if they don't have a domain or place to store them, they could be submitted to you and then placed in a unique directory for VM forum members.

- Mark
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Gorecki wrote:
We just basically need to get Mark's Okey Dokey and I can do that here as well? HEY MARK!!!

Brian,

No problem by me. Obviously the easiest way is to have the files streamed and linked from a user's website, eh? But if they don't have a domain or place to store them, they could be submitted to you and then placed in a unique directory for VM forum members.

Yep, you hit the nail square on the head buddie! It's like music files, images and any other binary. If you can host it, you can post it! But otherwise, if you can't, sound's like we can! Wink

I'll be in touch about this Mark. Thumbs Up!

MRDMV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an article section where if you’d like to submit an article to Vision Music's Community Forum you can send an e-mail to Mark or his designee with “Article” in the subject line, and include the following information: Title, Subtitle, Article, and a one sentence description of yourself. Members can be told that submission of an article is not a guarantee that it will be published. And Mark or his designee reserves the right to edit the submission with a terms and conditions of use.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a good idea. Mark has made me entertain the idea, but I don't know if I could come close to his quality of work. Confused

MRDMV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: The Graveyard Reply with quote

How about a section where old threads can go to die. A place where the forum administrator/moderator can move old threads for a month or so before they are deleted.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Graveyard Reply with quote

MRDMV wrote:
How about a section where old threads can go to die. A place where the forum administrator/moderator can move old threads for a month or so before they are deleted.

Oh goodness we don't want to do that. The threads of topic's gone by can be searched and 3-4 years from now when someone wants to ask about something already discussed it will show up. I've seen five year old threads elsewhere brought back to life.

Thanks for the suggestion but we don't want to delete anything unless it's just plain bad!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: