Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Muscle Up!" (Tribute to T-Bone Walker)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Jam Central Station
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: "Muscle Up!" (Tribute to T-Bone Walker) Reply with quote

One of the hidden benefits of Vision Music's Jam Central Station page is the fact that the midi tracks can be downloaded, converted to mp3s, and then used for personal recordings.

"Muscle Up!" is a slow blues in the key of G, using the Stormy Monday track from the JCS page. The rubato intro, done on solo guitar, borrows the last four bars of the progression and uses some nice double-stop blues licks and chord punches to set the stage for the VM house band. Then it's several choruses of blowing on my archtop with heavy strings (.014 to .067), hence the title of the track. Wink To hear the intro and guitar solo, click here.

As a way of thanking all of you for supporting our new forum, I've created a PDF chart if you'd like to learn the intro and pick up some hot licks. To access the score, click here.

How important is the blues to my playing/teaching? Check out: My Affinity for Blues. Enjoy!

- Mark
thaydon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Tribute to T-Bone Reply with quote

Mark;

Thanks! great playing and thanks for the pdf sheet music. T-Bone is one of my favorites.

Todd
Scratch

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your this great track, how can I thank you? You made my day!

Thanks and very best regards,
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks T-Bone Stefani,

That is blues we can use!
Carl Force

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOT !!! Cool I need sun glasses - THANKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Jam Central Station All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: