Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play some blues....win a 335!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad Kinder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Mark, no big head here...but a definite confidence boost. As always, your encouragement means a lot!

Dean I'll watch my back. I spent a few months in NY city...I know where you're coming from.

Woland, here's the link to the rules:
http://www.gckingoftheblues.com/static_content/view/RttF_rules_and_regs.html

You pick 1 of their 20 tracks to play over, upload and enter the song in the comp. Then sit back and let the fun begin. It's that simple. This is a seperate deal from the in-store comp.
Brad Kinder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, you better believe it!

Running on a couple hours sleep , walked into the office this morning to applause and hugs from everybody, emails and phone calls non stop today. It's been very surreal in a very good way!
BarbNY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Kinder wrote:
The results are in!!

Here's the official announcement:

http://www.gckingoftheblues.com/forum/topic/2641

I'm completely stunned....and I'm going to Hollywood!!

Brad!

Super! What fabulous news! You are so deserving of the honor, and we're all so proud of you! Wow! This news really made my day. Congrats! Very Happy
Brad Kinder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarbNY, Thank you so much!

Kenny Wayne Shepperd posted a nice comment stating that the judges were real happy that I took the win. He said he could hear a lot of blues history in my tune.

That right there is more special than any material prize they could give me. There's nothing comparable when people at that level appreciate all the work and love you've put into your passion. This has just been amazing.

Last edited by Brad Kinder on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brad Kinder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: 335 has arrived! Reply with quote

Well here she is. The 335 GC sent me for winning the Road to the Finals contest. I'll get it dropped off to my guitar guy for a fret level and setup and it'll be gig ready. Giving it a test drive tomorrow at rehersal. Would've been nice to choose the color myself but I'm not complaining......she's nice!

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and encouragement. It means a lot!

...and that's a wrap on this whole fiasco. I've learned a lot about how supportive and hateful people can be during this whole thing but I asked for it by entering a contest. Let's just say my skins a little thicker now Very Happy

Peace!
Brad
Dean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: All the best Reply with quote

Hey man how was your time in LA. ?Did you get to do anything cool ? or was it just hurry up and wait? Really glad you won, and enjoyed getting to be a part of it thru this forumn.Just enjoy the moment and ignore the haters.Rock...Blues ...Jazz ON !!!!
Brad Kinder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean, thanks man. Me and my wife had a blast in Hollywood. Guitar Center gave us the VIP treatment all the way. From the Limo picking us up at the airport to the red carpet treament at the concert and the after party on the roof of the Henry Fonda theatre. They put us up at the Grafton Hotel on Sunset across the street from the Comedy Store. It was a very cool and surreal experience for me since I've never done more then play dives around Richmond for 15+ yrs.

They filmed a short interview and a little acoustic jam with me that GC will be putting up on their King of the Blues website within the next few weeks. That was about all the playing I got to do while I was there.

Here's a pic, outside the Grafton, of some of us that were invited out to LA by guitar center. I'm in the white shirt. Aaron (blue shirt) won the grand finals that night along with a $50,000 prize package. Including studio time with producer Pete Anderson and a new Mustang! Well deserved win... a real nice guy and a fantastic player.

This was the penthouse room on the roof of the Henry Fonda theatre. We had just wrapped up the interviews and filming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: