Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Les Paul Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: The Les Paul Story Reply with quote

PBS is airing an American Masters show on the life of Les Paul. Check your local listings. It's playing at 10:00 PM on July 11th on WETA in DC.
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I feel like I'm talking to myself: my TV reception was so bad that the audio didn't get recorded. So I bought the DVD. What an incredible story. I had never appreciated just how the music industry changed forever because of Les Paul's contributions. And to think that at the age of 90 he still plays once a week at the Iridium in NYC.

Now I'm wondering: When people talk about their guitar gods the usual names come up, and with good reason. But I have yet to hear anyone mention Les, even though his technique and phrasing is in a class of its own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: