Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Sunny" (Bobby Hebb)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Recording Your Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: "Sunny" (Bobby Hebb) Reply with quote

Hi! Of all the recent recordings I've done (about 60 spanning the past 9 or 10 months), there have been numerous requests for a transcription of my take on "Sunny" by Bobby Hebb. To check it out, click here. Enjoy!

I just completed the transcription (standard notation and tab), and I have to tell you that recording it was a piece of cake compared to the number of hours required to score it accurately. Wink

Wes-style octaves with chord punches for the head, followed by a four-chorus solo featuring a mix of blues and jazz language. A final head and vamp fade closes it out. Btw, this solo will be made available in a new series that will debut soon, so stay tuned...

- Mark
John G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: "Sunny" (Bobby Hebb) Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Btw, this solo will be made available in a new series that will debut soon, so stay tuned...

- Mark

Excellent playing Mark! Can you tell us anything else about this new series that will debut soon?
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: "Sunny" (Bobby Hebb) Reply with quote

John G wrote:
Excellent playing Mark! Can you tell us anything else about this new series that will debut soon?

John,

Thanks for the kind words. The new series reflects the past 12+ months of R&B and jazz recording projects, presently 60 solos (and counting) in all. I believe that it represents the best work of my career, and the series is tentatively entitled "Monster Guitar Solos," a nod to my influences who are clearly responsible for my acquired skill.

Like the popular Good Vibes Jazz Solo series, each edition will be available as an eBook with the guitar solo scored in standard notation and tablature, plus the companion mp3 audio file. My students and fans have been pushing me to get this series underway, so look for it soon.

- Mark
John G

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely be on the look out for that. I've memorized several of your Good Vibes solos (Autumn Leaves, Rhythm Changes, and Four) and really enjoyed them all. I even used licks from some of those solos when I was jamming with some friends yesterday. I plan on getting more in the future.
Thanks for your past and upcoming work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Recording Your Work All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: