Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHERE IS EVERYONE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: WHERE IS EVERYONE Reply with quote

This place has been quite to long....JT stir something up....anybody.I miss you guys/girls.Anyone done any playing out ?Any Thanksgiving stories with guitars in them.Anyone going to winter NAMM?Anyone build a guitar?Anyone got any tools or wood they want to give away?This place is to good to be slient so long.At least say hi.
John G

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called a piano playing friend the other night to jam, having not played with anyone in a little while. He asked if I wanted to play from 6-8, I said sure. He said great, I've got a gig with a bass player at a country club playing standards and Christmas tunes, I'll pay you $100.

Well I went and we jammed, just like we would have done at his apartment, except we did it at the club and I made some good money- by far the easiest $100 I've ever made.

It was a great experience. I hadn't played out in about 6 months, but after the other night, I might just try to pick up a few more gigs. I had forgotten how it really is different up there in front of people than it is at home.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm here all the time. But honestly I spend a VAST majority of it auditing user accounts. We've had over 1,500 since mid October and all but a couple have been spammers, so it takes pretty much all of my surplus time. Confused

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Dean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright cool ,well lately I've been working on my second guitar build and I had my wife buy me a space heater so I could work out in my shop/garuage.Had it two days and it quit on me ,so being the man I am I took it in side and tore it apart and hot wired it.Now plug on plug off.My wife came home and laughed at me.What ever happened to things that just turn on and off.This thing had so much safty stuff it would not run long before shutting down.Well it runs now.Happy holidays !!!!!!
mel1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean:

I have the same question. When the forum started in the spring it was active and a lot of musical ideas were exchanged. It was interesting with Mark and Henry Johnson adding incite.

I know Goreski is editing for spam but what happened to persons who were constantly posting. Where did they go?
Dean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mel1 wrote:
Dean:

I have the same question. When the forum started in the spring it was active and a lot of musical ideas were exchanged. It was interesting with Mark and Henry Johnson adding incite.

I know Goreski is editing for spam but what happened to persons who were constantly posting. Where did they go?

I really do not know,but I know I want this site to keep going!!!So I will do the best I can,and hope everyone starts talking again.This time of year is real busy and people have lives to deal with.Having said that I hope they come back real soon.
Dean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John G wrote:
I called a piano playing friend the other night to jam, having not played with anyone in a little while. He asked if I wanted to play from 6-8, I said sure. He said great, I've got a gig with a bass player at a country club playing standards and Christmas tunes, I'll pay you $100.

Well I went and we jammed, just like we would have done at his apartment, except we did it at the club and I made some good money- by far the easiest $100 I've ever made.

It was a great experience. I hadn't played out in about 6 months, but after the other night, I might just try to pick up a few more gigs. I had forgotten how it really is different up there in front of people than it is at home.

Good for you man,made money to jam and have fun.Does it get any better?One day before I leave this world I hope to have the skill to Play on stage.I am going to take a college class for guitar in January.After I finish this guitar I hope to devote my time to playing.Have a good holiday.
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend most of my free time off line, so I only check in once in a while. Following the advice of the masters means spending LOTS of time practicing and transcribing. Not to mention I'm taking two of Mark's courses at once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: