Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Guitars.......and mine.........?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbol51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Your Guitars.......and mine.........? Reply with quote

I had to start off this section with my problem with GAS which probably is a problem with others in this forum :>)....
My guitars: Gibsons: LeGrand(s) one a 98 in sunrise orange/the other an 05 in natural, L5-CTN, 06 ES-350t custom with a single alnico in the neck position and 24 3/4" scale, 64 L7c, 59 historic 335, 57 historic Les Paul Custom, Pat Martino Custom, Chet Atkins CE; Guilds: 56 X-550, 60 A-500, 60 Aristocrat, 63 17" George Barnes Acousti-Lectric; new Epiphone Elitist Broadway, and Ibanez GB-15TR. Play these through a 62 Ampeg Reverberocket with the deepest reverb that I have ever heard.
Believe me this is not bragadosia on my part. I just love jazz and jazz guitars. Could not buy nearly any of these guitars today however. jim hahn in San Diego P.S. Major kudos to Mark for starting this new forum!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Guitars.......and mine.........? Reply with quote

jimbol51 wrote:
Believe me this is not bragadosia on my part. I just love jazz and jazz guitars.

Jim,

Hey, great to see the UAC ("Ultimate Archtop Collector") in the house! Laughing

Of all people, I know that you're not bragging whatsoever. I'm sure that Steve (Laury) could top anyone in San Diego several years ago when he had, what? 90+ guitars in his collection? You guys and Wolf make me feel so conservative with my 37-year-old Gibson S400 and an Ibanez GB10. Glad you're enjoying the forum and thanks for participating.

- Mark
CU24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim and Mark,

Jim, I'm just locking at your nice guitar collection, woah Shocked ! At time I would be happy, at least to own "one" good jazz box Very Happy
I have a '87 PRS CU24 10 top which I bought new 1988 in Germany. My amp mainly is a Mesa Boogie Mk IV combo, which I also purchased in Germany 1991, a very versatile all tube amp. But over the years I became more and more a jazz lover beside good blues stuff.
So to own also a good jazz guitar is a must for me in the next time.
BTW, what do you think about the art core line made by Ibanez, for example the AF 125. These jazz guitars look so beautiful and are not so expensive. But more important is a good tone of course. Have you any experiences with this guitars, are they worth the money?

kind regards
Arno
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite a bit of gear and guitars. The vast majority of my guitars are solid bodies I've either heavily modified or built myself.

The only archtop I have presently is an Ibanez AK85. Great guitar I picked up from a guy I think lives just up the road from Mark. Shocked

I tend to believe a person doesn't need a $5,000.00 guitar to make good music. But if anyone wants to give me one, well that's another story! Laughing

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Dean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gorecki,you should send that guitar to me....you don't have time to play it ,and I do ...so I thought I would do you a favor and keep it lubed up for you.What you think?One of those dogs might chew on it, too.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

You know, that's something wonderful about guitars and dogs in ways makes them more loyal and reliable than people.

If you set a guitar aside or ignore a dog for a period of time, they'll be right there waiting for you. At the same time, the inverse occurs. If you get rid of a cherished guitar or let go of a dog....for what ever reasons, it will haunt you forever....if you truly loved them in the first place. Wink

Dean wrote:
Hey Gorecki,you should send that guitar to me....you don't have time to play it ,and I do ...so I thought I would do you a favor and keep it lubed up for you.What you think?One of those dogs might chew on it, too.

Dean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
Laughing

You know, that's something wonderful about guitars and dogs in ways makes them more loyal and reliable than people.

If you set a guitar aside or ignore a dog for a period of time, they'll be right there waiting for you. At the same time, the inverse occurs. If you get rid of a cherished guitar or let go of a dog....for what ever reasons, it will haunt you forever....if you truly loved them in the first place. Wink

Dean wrote:

Very true,so I guess you will be keeping it .Nice to hear from you.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean wrote:
Very true,so I guess you will be keeping it .Nice to hear from you.

Ditto dude! Wink

woland99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Guitars.......and mine.........? Reply with quote

jimbol51 wrote:
I had to start off this section with my problem with GAS which probably is a problem with others in this forum :>)....
My guitars:
<snip>

Not anymore - I still own a few: G&L chambered ASAT Tele, custom built
Clown Fish (improved Klein by Chris Forshage), d'Angelico Excel EX1 and
Ibanez AS120 with synth pickup. But I play ASAT and Forshage 90% of
the time. Not sure why - I have n 9desire whatsoever to buy new electric
guitar - I would not mind getting higher end acoustic - Taylor 810 or 814
or something similar. Maybe a gypsy type of guitar.
nylenny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jazz guitars are a handmade Triggs (a giant archtop), an Eastman thinline, and a Heritage 335 copy (first year of issue with Seymour Duncan Jazz pickups).

My classical guitar -- my main axe -- is a Brazilian RW Contreras with a spruce (not cedar) top.

I also have a Fender Jazz bass and a couple of Strats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Gear Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: