Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jam Track And Roland VSC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Jam Central Station
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Jam Track And Roland VSC Reply with quote

I found a way to extend the utility of Mark's jam tracks. If you're using the Roland VSC that ships with BIAB to play files such as jam tracks, you can not only change the tempo, but also the key. So I use Mark's "Clockwise" track to practice the Lessons By Mail swing blues in G, then change keys and tempos for songs like Bloomdido or Bongo Bop. It makes for very efficient use of practice time.
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Jam Track And Roland VSC Reply with quote

Larry_DC wrote:
I found a way to extend the utility of Mark's jam tracks. If you're using the Roland VSC that ships with BIAB to play files such as jam tracks, you can not only change the tempo, but also the key. So I use Mark's "Clockwise" track to practice the Lessons By Mail swing blues in G, then change keys and tempos for songs like Bloomdido or Bongo Bop. It makes for very efficient use of practice time.

Larry,

Thanks for getting ball rolling here and for sharing that tip for others to see. As you know, the JCS page is very popular and entertains approximately 2,000 jammers each day. The possibilities of what can be done with the tracks elude many of my students, site members and fans. That's fine, because even if you just want to be Wes, GB, or Jimi at the end of a long day, well... fun is the bottom line, eh? Very Happy

At the same time, I hope to see this part of the new forum evolve into more thoughts regarding the potential of using this resource (i.e. what you mentioned plus custom jam CDs, personal recordings using the tracks, etc), as well as sharing thoughts and approaches on everything ranging from simple two-chord vamps to 12-bar, I-IV-V blues, to essential jazz vehicles like Rhythm Changes, Take the A Train, Impressions, Giant Steps, and so on.

When I have some time I'll try to post up some examples (w/links to audio) of what I've done myself with the VM "house" band. You've heard some of those recordings, but most haven't. Stay tuned...

- Mark
nylenny

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a cd of the JCS tunes a while back, and I found that you can work with the tunes in Transcribe!. Mark, do you still offer these CDs?
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny,

You can also open any JCS tracks with iTunes, convert to WAV, drag to desktop and open with Transcribe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Jam Central Station All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: