Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New guitars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry_DC wrote:
I bought an Eastman 905CE three months ago. It has great tone and a beautiful finish. Brian, you're probably less than 20 minutes from their facility in Clarksburg. Just think, you could try out every guitar in their inventory!

You think so Larry? What I basically got from their web site is the 'facility' is nothing more than a corporate office. All the guitars are built and shipped from China..am I wrong? Huh?

Forums Admin VisionMusic.com
Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
marksound

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
marksound wrote:
I'm a big fan of Myka Guitars. I've never played one, but I will. He's currently moving his shop from NY to WA, but he'll be back up and running soon.

Hey Gorecki, I bet David would build that purple quilt archtop for ya. Wink

Wow, David's moving coast to coast? Shocked He must have a good reason.

Oh believe me, I've drooled over his work too many times and had the same thought. But I haven't seen him do a 3" arch and don't really know if that would be his cup of tea? His chambered are gorgeous and I still love the Dragon Fly! Awesome!

Well, he builds acoustics, and I guess maybe you haven't seen this semi. Here
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:

No..I missed that one completely! Rolling Eyes

Gawd he does pretty work, flame on the back/sides is awesome. Yeah, I guess you're right, if he can do that, he should be able to do a 3". Now the problem would be, could I ever afford it? Crying or Very sad

marksound

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
marksound wrote:

No..I missed that one completely! Rolling Eyes

Gawd he does pretty work, flame on the back/sides is awesome. Yeah, I guess you're right, if he can do that, he should be able to do a 3". Now the problem would be, could I ever afford it? Crying or Very sad

Hey, I just point you in the right direction. Funding ain't my department. Laughing
Larry_DC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:

You think so Larry? What I basically got from their web site is the 'facility' is nothing more than a corporate office. All the guitars are built and shipped from China..am I wrong? Huh?

That's what I thought too, but someone I know responded to an ad they placed for a warehouse position at that location. So who knows?
Dean

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to give you another site to check out for custom guitars and amps. http://www.siegmundguitars.com/ ...His name is Chris and he is a friend of mine,I met him at a NAMM show about six or seven years ago and I noticed people standing around taking notes on his stuff and know how.It was insane they were just ripping off his ideas.I have been going to NAMM for many years and have never seen anything like it before or since.When I got ready to buy my gear I went straight to him.
On a gibson note ...a lefty friend of mine bought a $5000.00 Gibson and spent 500.00 to get it set up and then sold it, because it still was not right.Then you go to NAMM and they won't let you in there booth till after 5:00pm unless your a buyer.
I think Gene Baker is back and building again , but I think his stuff cost wise is up there.Great guitars ,almost bought one early on still kicking myself that I did not.
Good luck on your hunt ,when I went on my hunt years ago it was fun and I made a friend for life.
marksound

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an original (pre-Ed Roman) Baker for sale somewhere the other day. Man, I can't remember where I saw it. Mad

EDIT: Now I remember. It was at the Robben Ford forum and it's no longer for sale. The owner had second thoughts. Sad
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:
I saw an original (pre-Ed Roman) Baker for sale somewhere the other day. Man, I can't remember where I saw it. Mad

EDIT: Now I remember. It was at the Robben Ford forum and it's no longer for sale. The owner had second thoughts. Sad

Hmmm, I wonder why? Probably couldn't handle the extreme innovation, craftmanship and original ideas all wrapped up into one POS? Laughing my buns off!

Was it the Little Richard model? Oh my ?????

Laughing my buns off!

Dean

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personaly do not like Ed Roman ,but that's just me....he got the Baker line when Gene went thru some hard times...Robben Ford was one of Gene's artist ...he is holding a Baker on the cover of keep on running cd..I got to meet Robben and hear a story he was telling about just comming from a gig with Ray Charles, it was a cool moment in time.
Time with guitars is getting just like everything else.You can not build it cheaper than buy one .China can build and sell one for 250.00 to 500.00 and you can play it.They have cheap skilled labor.The ones I have seen are good.I just put a tele together ,bought the parts ,designed the art and lay out ,and wired it 50's style....cost around $1500.00 and took three years to get it all together.It was worth the wait.You can still find good deals ,but they are harder to come by...E-Bay and all.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean wrote:
I personaly do not like Ed Roman ,but that's just me...

Without being too obnoxious NO it’s not just you, it’s pretty much the entire guitar building community. I'll hold myself back. Biting my Lip

marksound

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
marksound wrote:

Hmmm, I wonder why? Probably couldn't handle the extreme innovation, craftmanship and original ideas all wrapped up into one POS? Laughing my buns off!

Was it the Little Richard model? Oh my ?????

Laughing my buns off!

Shocked

No, it was this one.

Very Happy
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:

Shocked

No, it was this one.

Very Happy

You know what, I completely glazed over the PRE-roman part. I dunno? Duh! Actually a good looking guitar. Confused

woland99

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
marksound wrote:

Shocked

No, it was this one.

Very Happy

You know what, I completely glazed over the PRE-roman part. I dunno? Duh! Actually a good looking guitar. Confused

If you play standing - o/w there is no support for the forearm.
One of the reasons I am selling my PRS - like the neck but not
ergonomics.

JT
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me a lot of the Schecter C-1 series, but the heel of the body does somewhat resemble a Les Paul. Heck I'd take it. Very Happy

Dean

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the new guitar thing....Now days you have to do your homework..
What style of music your going to play and the set up that will get you there.If you think about it every gutiar made is one of a kind ,even the so called clones.( which I think is crazy ) If it's not the real thing ,it is just a close copy.Most people do not have a trained ear...and the ones that do I almost feel sorry for,it can almost drive them crazy.A friend of mine had to take a break because he was hearing notes everywhere.Aged wood is harder to come by, if you think things are pricey now just give it a few more years.If you think about it ,the hand made customs at 5 to 8 thousand dollars are cheap if you brake it down to the amount of talent and skill and time it takes to make one.One mistake and you have to start over...dealing with buyers..and time involved when not building.I hope I do not offend anyone with this next statment....but here goes ...maybe it would be a good thing if guitar prices were higher for top grade stuff.Eveyone is not ment to own a custom or one off or what ever.Like anything if you want it bad enought ,you will earn it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> General Discussion, Chat & Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: