Vision Music Forum Index Vision Music
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar Tuners

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thaydon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Guitar Tuners Reply with quote

Does anyone use the Sabine AX3000 Contact Chromatic Auto Tune http://www.amazon.com/Sabine-AX3000-Contact-Chromatic-Tuner/dp/B000I1695Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-1851976-7479062?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1177805603&sr=8-1

or the Intellitouch PT2 Tuner?
http://www.amazon.com/Intellitouch-PT2-Tuner/dp/B0002F7GT6/ref=sr_1_12/103-1851976-7479062?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1177810828&sr=1-12

I am looking for one that can attach to my guitar.

thanks[url][/url]

Todd
woland99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Intellitouch PT1. I think that difference is backlit display which
may be important for a gig. It is convenient tuner but not extremely
precise one. It will get you fairly close but you can always improve it
by finishing tuning by ear.

JT
Mark
VM Coach

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woland99 wrote:
I have Intellitouch PT1. I think that difference is backlit display which may be important for a gig. It is convenient tuner but not extremely precise one. It will get you fairly close but you can always improve it by finishing tuning by ear.

JT,

Hmm... Many of my professional jazz guitar colleagues swear by the PT1 for ease of use and accuracy, especially for tuning archtop guitars. Since they are in much more demanding studio sessions requiring perfect intonation than yours truly right now, I defer to their discerning ears and opinion. However, I can tell you for a fact that it is hands down the best tuner I've ever used for an archtop guitar, and it's the only one I use nowadays for that reason. I have too many guitar tuners to list, including Peterson strobes and various rackmounts, which are FAR more expensive than the PT1 and far less effective for my needs.

For acoustics I love the Sabine contact tuners, and have three AX-2000s, one of which I use to tune up two dozen acoustic nylon and steel-string guitars for the kids that my wife and I teach at the local elementary school here each week. Believe me, tuning up that many guitars in five minutes in a classroom full of 3rd to 5th graders on adrenaline is no easy task, so having a contact tuner that ignores extraneous sounds is a lifesaver for me! Wink

- Mark
thaydon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Guitar Tuners Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try the PT1

Todd
thaydon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: PT1 Reply with quote

I got the PT1 and it works perfectly in my home with the t.v. as background noise. i have yet to use it in a club situation but so far i am pleased with it.

thanks

Todd
Graham

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the PT1 as well. I like it because I can use it antwhere, no matter what else is going on around me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vision Music Forum Index -> Gear Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: